TODAY IS A GOLD DAY THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2018
- Detention will be held today in room 104. If you have been assigned a detention you are expected.
- All students interested in playing tennis this year should meet Thursday at 3PM in the music room with Mr. Blenckstone and new coach Mr. Kline. If you want to play tennis, but will be at TECH Day on Thursday, that’s ok. Just plan to go to practice on Monday. The bus will leave at 3:30 pm for HCC for Tennis practice.
- TODAY is TECH Day! There will be 43 students out of classes TODAY. If you need a ride from school to the theater, Mr. Baer will be driving you in the white van. The shuttle will depart from the front of the gym at 8:10am. Teachers- the list was emailed to you late Thursday afternoon & will be attached to the attendance bulletin today.
- There will NOT be Ski Club tonight as WhiteTail will not be open.
- There will be a 1:00pm dismissal on MONDAY, February 26th. All students will need to be out of the building by 1:15pm. Make sure you have arranged transportation home as all faculty & staff will be in a training at 1:15pm. Mrs. Grove will confirm departure times for all buses & announce that information ASAP.
- INSTEAD of meeting on Thursday, all students interested in being on the Track & Field team should plan to attend practice on Monday (2/26/2018) and anyone interested should meet in the lobby of the gym at 3:15 p.m. on Monday.
- Hagerstown Community College is hosting an information night for the ESSENCE Early College Program on Tuesday, March 6th at 6:30pm in the Career Programs Building. All students who plan on enrolling in the ESSENCE Early College Program for the 2018-19 school year are encouraged to attend. To reserve a seat, please call 240-500-2238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5th.
- Spring sports begin Monday, Feb. 26. Please make sure you have your physical form turned in to Mr. Blenckstone before Monday. If you completed the form for the fall or winter season, you do NOT need to fill out another form. Also, please bring the proper clothing/footwear each day. Sweatshirts and pants will be mandatory in cold weather and you may only wear indoor shoes in the gym if practices are brought inside due to inclement weather.
- On Friday, February 23rd, the INTERNATIONAL Club will sponsor a TAG DAY. The monies raised will go to Doctors without Borders, a program that provides medical treatment to people in crisis. The theme of the Tag Day is red & white and the cost to participate is $5.00 (or more). Members of the International Club will be collecting your donations before & after school on Wednesday & Thursday and before school only on Friday. Beat the rush and PAY BEFORE FRIDAY!
- Anyone interested in managing for Girls’ Lacrosse, please see Mrs. Kocher ASAP.
- Gorettian Yearbooks are on sale through March 31st. Order your copy online at Balfour.com.
- Goretti’s Spring Musical will the The Addams Family. The musical will be performed at The Maryland Theater, 21 South Potomac Street in downtown Hagerstown. The show opens on Friday, February 23rd at 7:30pm; there are TWO shows on Saturday, February 24th at 2:00pm and 7:30pm. ALL tickets are reserved and are available through Ticketmaster online or at the the Maryland Theatre box office for $20 each. BEWARE of sites that are reselling tickets for more than $20. Go to http://www.mdtheatre.org/adams.php to get the original price of $20.
- DON’T GET FOOLED BY OTHER WEBSITES THAT ARE RESELLING TICKETS FOR MORE THAN $20. Buy ONLY through the MD Theatre website or at the box office the day of the show. Come out to see the fun, quirky musical! They’re creepy and they’re spooky…….
Lunch Duty for Feb. 15-23 (7 days)
First Lunch: Emily Abe, Victoria Baker, RJ Blakney, Trey Boothe (208 x4)
Second Lunch: Jonny Miller (106), Tamara Moses (209),
Braden Paulson (203), Michael Murray (music)
Girls’ Varsity BB travels to Bishop Walsh today for a 7:30pm game.
TOMORROW: The Boys’ Varsity BB Team plays a HOME game against Avalon at 6:30pm.
It is also Senior Night. Senior Night Recognition will take place BEFORE the game, approx. 6:15pm.