TODAY IS A BLUE DAY THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2017
- The Fall Open House is Sunday, October 29th from 12:30-3:00 p.m. All Gael Ambassadors, NHS, and SGA members are required to attend. There will be sign ups in religion classes for additional volunteers. Those students helping with the Open House must be in the Gael Center by 12:00 noon wearing Mass uniforms. Ladies – skirts knee length and gentlemen SMGHS ties; dirty bucs for everyone!
- The CHEER SQUAD COACH, Ms. Dorine Aquayo, will be here on Tuesdays & Thursdays to practice with anyone interested in being on the Cheer Squad. Practices will be on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3:30-5:30pm starting out in room 106. There is still time to join. We have lots of things planned for this year. If you are interested, pick up a permission form in the Main Office & come to the next meeting. Go Gaels!
- Detention will be held TODAY in room 103 right after school.
- The National Arts Honor Society & the Art Club will meet on Wednesday, October 25th, from 3:00 – 3:45pm in the Art Studio. Nominations for officers will be taken at this meeting.
- Fall Sport pictures are in. If you ordered pictures, you may pick them up from Mrs. Grove in the Main Office.
- The volleyball team will be playing in the IPSL championship match on Tuesday, Oct. 24 vs. St. James at 6PM in the Gael Center. Makes plans to support the Lady Gaels!
- To all International Club students: We will be having a meeting next Thursday, October 19th in room 205 immediately after school. This is a mandatory meeting and every club member is required to attend.
- St. Ann’s Catholic Church invites all teens in Grades 9-12 to join them for fire, fun, and s’mores at a BonFire on Sunday, October 22 from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm. Cost is $5 . For more information, or to RSVP, contact St. Ann’s Catholic Church Parish Office. (301) 733-0410
- Check out the Photo/3D classes work on the ADOBE gallery … Goretti students photos exhibited with an international group of high school peers. https://project1324.com/gallery/SplitImage?sort=date_desc
- There will be a short meeting of the Hiking Club on Tuesday, Oct. 24th in room 207 after school to discuss the upcoming hikes.
- Powder Puff Football and Macho Volleyball are coming soon! Get your teams ready as Friday, Oct. 27 the girls will play Powder Puff football on the Goretti field and the guys will play macho volleyball in the gym. Class colors are as follows: 9th grade – red & white 10th grade – green & yellow 11th grade – purple & orange 12 grade – pink & blue. Both events are held after school; Powder Puff at 3:15pm, followed by Macho Volleyball at approx. 4:30pm
- Please SCROLL DOWN to see the calendar of College Representatives who are visiting the Guidance Office in September & October. If you want to see one of these Reps. you must first get your classroom teacher’s approval and then see Mrs. Kline for a pass. This week, Reps from St. Vincent College, St. Bonaventure & Washington College will be visiting. The calendar will also be on the school website.
Lunch Duty for October 16-24 (7 days)
First Lunch: Emma Behta, Nell Behta, Harrison Bodwell, Sarah Funk, Rachel Hissong (202 x5)
Second Lunch: Vincent Salgado (208), Aroub Yousuf (music), Caleb Barnes (203)
Jared Semler, Harris Blackwood (110 x 2)
There are several athletic events today.
The Cross Country Team competes in the IPSL Championship at Black Rock Park at 4pm.
The V Boys’ Soccer team plays at HOME against Middleburg at 4pm.
It is SENIOR NIGHT for the Boys’ Soccer Team.
FYI- the GOLF IPSL Championship scheduled for today has been postponed to next week.
Students who wish to visit a college representative must sign up for a pass in the guidance office at least ONE day before the visit and pick up the pass the morning of the appointment. Teachers have the right to allow or deny the student permission to leave class.
24th Shippensburg University 8:30
25th Stevenson University 9:00
Frostburg State University 1:45
26th Catholic University 11:30
1st Frostburg University (Honors Program) 8:30