Phone: (301) 739-7004
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
Sarah Szukalski, Division III, York College
Thomas Keenan, USCAA, SUNY – ESF
Patrick Jones, Division III, Catholic University.
Lily Foland, Division III, St. Vincent College.
Luke Daigneault, Division II, Hillsdale (MI) College.
Mitchell Swope, Hagerstown Community College.
Herald Mail Sports: 1st Team All-County Girls. Click here to read press release.
Senior, Cassie Lavin. Placed first in the city, third in the IPSL and third in the Maryland-D.C. private small-school championships.
Herald Mail Sports: Gaels’ Jones Wins Spooky Sprint Again. Click here to read press release.
- Although not a school sanctioned event, the Cross Country team ran in the Spooky Sprint race Saturday, October 29th that opened the Mummer’s Day Parade in Hagerstown, MD. William Jones defended his 1st-place title with a time of 9:53 for the 2-mile course. Cassie Lavin came in 1st for the women with a time of 12:50.
Herald Mail Sports: Lavin’s Win is a Kick at City Championships. Click here to read press release.
- City Championship Meet against NHHS and SHHS, hosted by North Hagerstown High School.
- Cassie Lavin was the individual Girls Champion. She is the first Goretti Girl to ever win the City individual title.
- William Jones won the Boys Individual Title, the second Gael Boy to ever win the Championship and the first since Luke Daigneault in 2012.
- Both the Boys and the Girls Teams finished second place.
Herald Mail Sports: Goretti’s Jones Prevails at Mercersburg XC Invitational. Click here for full story.
- William Jones wins 1st in Mercersburg Invitational finishing the 3.1 mile course in 16:41.
- Tom Keenan places 5th with 17:56.
- Goretti Boys and Girls finished 3rd.
- Top10 finishes from Cassie Lavin (sixth, 22:13), Sarah Szukalski (ninth, 23:06) and Georgia Giannaris (10th, 23:46).
- Boys Team finished 2nd at the Brunswick Invitational (9/3) with William Jones (2017) winning an individual title.
- The Mercersburg Academy Invitational (9/17), William Jones was the first Goretti runner to ever win the prestigious Mercersburg annual gathering.
- Jones was also the individual runner-up at the South Hagerstown High School Invitational (9/10) and was 3rd at the Allegany College Invitational (9/27).
- Currently William Jones is the third ranked male high school runner in Washington County
- Currently Cassie Lavin is the second ranked female high school runner in Washington County
- At Brunswick, our boys team placed sixth (of nine teams) with William Jones (5th) and Patrick Sacchet (15th) receiving individual top-20 honors. Our girls team placed 4th (of seven teams) with Cassie Lavin (7th) and Maddie Foland (13th) earning top-20 individual honors.
- At the South Hagerstown Invitational, our boys team was 7th (of 12 teams) with William Jones (5th) and Patrick Sacchet (24th) gaining top-25 individual honors. Our girls team was 6th (of 11 teams) with Cassie Lavin (6th) and Maddie Foland (21st) earning top-25 individual recognition.
Cross Country volunteers at the JFK 50 mile race in Hagerstown on Saturday, November 19th, 2016.